August 21, 2009

Not a Foreigner!

The Lord has a way of bringing encouragement just when we need. Reading the bible one evening a verse just about jumped off the page. I found myself reading it again, then again, and again. It read “Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.” Ephesians 2:19-20. Reading this scripture realizing that as an American coming from New Zealand and staying in Vanuatu I was living out this scripture. The Ni-vans took us in as their family and I was definitely not a foreigner in a foreign land!! Scripture became alive at this point and I realized the magnitude of my family. All of my families have blessed me so much! I am beginning to realize how Paul felt when he wrote to his friends telling them he wished he could be with them but he had to remain. My family is now spread all over the world from the U.S. to Germany to Canada to Ireland to Switzerland to Singapore to Vanuatu and beyond! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment