August 21, 2009

Shadrach, Meshach, & Abed-Nego

One night while sleeping in a hut in Vanuatu (an island country next to Figi) I shook myself awake from a horrible dream. Normally my slumber is nightmare free, but not this night. The fear was so paralyzing just leaving bed was out of the question so I grabbed a bible and read. The word “furnace” kept coming to mind which lead to the story of Shadrach, Meshach, & Abed-Nego. Just finishing the story one of the girls in my room woke up which helped dissipate the fear. We both went back to sleep nightmare free. Waking in the morning I thought the night was all a bit strange but glad the fear was gone. Not knowing why any of this happened continued with my day.

A few days latter I found myself amidst a group of children gathering to pray. The Mama leading the children asked a few minutes before the meeting if I could share a story with the children. Ahh ha! I had just the story to tell! After sharing about Shadrach, Meshack, & Benny to these children I continued to tell the story all over Vanuatu. It showed how God really can use bad situations for His good.

No comments:

Post a Comment